Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Wish list stalker

I have never read so much about financing in my life. I really don't have anything to respond to the readings by Picard, so I will talk about an article I just read.

Wanderful Media is a response to make sure advertisers don't leave newspapers all together. It brings the circular ads to the digital world. The website list its goal as:

"To help newspapers grab back some of the revenues that were lost as readership shifted from print to the Web. Smith says it is comparable to the way that big media companies teamed up to fund websites that digitized local classified ads that for cars and jobs."

Instead of ripping ads out of the sunday circular, readers will be able to make wish lists, which will connect to your phone and alert you when your close to the store with the special. Sounds to me kind of like Google Wallet's alert system. 

I talked in class about the risk of advertisers leaving newspapers because they can advertise cheaper and in an interactive fashion in different mediums. I think it is good for advertisers, but newspapers are not going to be able to charge them a ridiculous amount of money using a digital circular. 

We shall see. 
http://upstart.bizjournals.com/companies/media/2012/09/25/wanderful-media-reinvents-the-circular.html

No comments:

Post a Comment