Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Bits and pieces

1. I struggle with not knowing how to comment on the readings for 9/26...  There is a lot of new information from these chapters for me to learn, but I am afraid I am still at the stage of not knowing how to put the bits and pieces together.  

2. Re: The "Why?" on p. 161 ("A magazine company may find that it obtains the bulk of its advertising revenue in two months during the spring and two months during the fall...")

I can be wrong, but at least for fashion magazines, I believe it has to do with the timing of when the new clothing collections come out (which is typically in the spring and fall). Especially for high-end brands, most of their customers who read those kinds of magazines would probably be more inclined to make purchases while things are 'fresh off the runway' than otherwise... Just a wild guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment